Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What We Don’t Realize


This morning, I was about to post a poster on our soft board. The soft board is covered by 3 pieces of glass. It’s a usual job. The unusual thing was that when I sliding one piece of the glass aside,
to reach the far end of the poster to be pinned, it popped out of the frame. The glass moved slowly forward, about to fell down. I resisted it with one palm of my hand. It seemed that since the glass was wide and thick, it rolled up with my left hand as the axis. It flew in the air for a moment. After that, it fell down with a loud voice and scattered to the floor. Some small parts of the glass even sprayed and stuck on the wall.

People came out to ask me what was happening. They asked if I got wounded and showed some relief on their faces when they found out I was fine. I told them I tried to hold the glass before it fell down. “It’s dangerous,” they said. I should have let it go. But you know, when you work in an institution, there is a tendency to keep all properties of the office well. Maybe that tendency drove me doing that ‘dangerous action’.

When I returned to my desk, I felt my knees weak and my hands trembling. I drank water to make myself at ease. Then, my colleague told me that he had a friend who did what I did when the similar accident happened in his workplace, and he cut off the vein of his hand. He is now paralyzed. He reconfirmed that what I did should not never be done. I should even run away from the falling glass. 

At first, I just felt guilty for I broke office property. I didn’t think of God’s protection through that accident until others made me think of it.We often think if nothing bad happens, it is because we can manage life well. Or, we  are just lucky. We don't realize that latent dangers are waiting in every ways of our step.And God's protection is working on even though we don't realize it or admit it.

What we don’t realize is that God shows His love through what we think is bad. If only we move away our focus on the bad thing, we’ll see that God works in all things for our goodness.

He a good God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Surat untuk Berondongku

Berondongku yang ganteng dan menarik, Setiap hari saya menyalahkan perasaan ini. Setiap hari pula saya berusaha membenarkan perasaan ini, te...