Thursday, March 10, 2022

It Was Raining Cats and Dogs


The thunder struck. It was raining cats and dogs. It wasn't that way when I drove my car out of my office. Yes, the wind blew so hard and the sky was dark, but I thought I would arrive at my room when the rain fell. It did not. About 5 minutes leaving my office, drops of rain began to blur my vision. I turned on the wipers. The rain was heavier and heavier that I had to wiped the front window. I turned on the AC to clear the mist in my car window, but it didn't work. So, I pulled aside somewhere, in a nearby office park and wiped the window again. I started to move again. I realized I couldn't see anything through the 3 rear windows. But I thought it was okay. 

So, I drove carefully, the street was half-crowded, the rain was like being poured out from the sky. I couldn't see anything. I just focused on the lights from other vehicles. I was so tensed. It was my first time driving under the rain. And it was dark. There were times I just opened my windows to have better sight, but not too long because the rain went in. I leaned forward to have a full concentration on the driving and the situation on the street. 

I realized there was a big car next to me, planned to slip my car to go ahead of me but failed because my car blocked his way. When I finally made it to take my car to the left side, the turn I wanted to turn left (there are two left-turns), the big car sped up and moved ahead of me. The driver opened his window and gave a stern look at me. Well, I didn't feel bad cos at that time I chose to drive slowly to avoid colliding with other vehicles. The street narrowed, but the traffic wasn't better. The visibility was 1-meter away. When finally I made it to my room, I parked outside, 'cos it was still raining cats and dogs.

It was my first time and a good lesson for me, I thanked God for leading me out of the storm.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Surat untuk Berondongku

Berondongku yang ganteng dan menarik, Setiap hari saya menyalahkan perasaan ini. Setiap hari pula saya berusaha membenarkan perasaan ini, te...