Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Thank you and Farewell, Mumun!

My car, Mumun, well, I should say goodbye to her. Before that, I thank her for taking me to dangerous adventures, and I have to surrender all to God. Well, I will tell you some of them. 

I'll start with the scariest one. I took Mumun to Jakarta for Christmas holiday, so I had to take highway route for the fastest trip home. In the middle of the highway, I felt like Mumun had lost her power somehow, but I just ignored it and stomped on the gas a bit harder. After passing some areas, the engine stopped. It was raining, I remember now, and that was a luck for me 'cos the cars' speed were slower than normal. The engine stopped, so I clicked the key to start it. And I prayed. I had none with me. 

It was risky to get out of the car and fixed it, well, it was dangerous and useless 'cos I knew nothing about car engine. I just stayed inside and prayed and restart the engine. I had little believe on the car battery since it was still new. After some trials, it did start. I drove again but Mumun didn't work well. It stopped again when there was traffic. There was heavy traffic toward toll gate to Tanjung Priok. The queue widened and blocked my way. On my right side, an ambulance was about to pass me by and my engine stopped. I clicked the key and at the same time, I stomped the gas, no power but the road was slightly downward, I took that 'benefit' to force Mumun to move. I didn't know how I got that idea, but it worked. Finally, I made it out of the highway. 

The street toward my house was another challenge. I took the the less crowded, yet narrow route and boom, there was a car and gerobak at the same time. I stopped for a while and made a traffic. I got yelled from people, they didn't know that the gerobak wouldn't move aside. It was a bit traumatizing for me. Finally, I got home with Mumun's engine released some smoke. At this point, I didn't know that Mumun was 'dehydrated'.

Several days afterwards, I planned to take Mumun to my church's Christmas gathering at Lenteng Agung. Four of us were in, and I was the driver. The problem came again and none knew the problem. We left Mumun somewhere in Kalibata, and continued our way by online taxi. After that, my friends helped me out and thank God, Bang Alex, recognized the problem and fixed it. I had to drive back, afraid that it would turn off somewhere all the way home. That fear made me stomped the gas and almost got collide with another car in the intersection street. That was horrible. My friend couldn't forget that incident and I am ashamed of myself for driving that way. We almost got a car accident.

But then, when I told the story to my colleague, she said that it was something unforgettable and precious moments. So I write it now, shaking off the guilt and shame I feel. I do thank Mumun for the adventures, that I can experience God's love abundantly. But then, for the sake of safety, I have to say goodbye to Mumun. I will buy a new car. 

Thank you and Farewell, Mumun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Surat untuk Berondongku

Berondongku yang ganteng dan menarik, Setiap hari saya menyalahkan perasaan ini. Setiap hari pula saya berusaha membenarkan perasaan ini, te...